[TYPO3-project-seminars] Seminars 0.7.2 - english drop down in the registration form

Niels Pardon mail at niels-pardon.de
Tue Feb 24 11:00:55 CET 2009

Hi Tomas!

Tomas schrieb:
> I just made an update to Seminars 0.7.2. and everything works fine so
> far except one thing: I have an english drop down for the country in the
> registration form. (and later in the E-Mail).
> In onetimeaccount german drop down shows up - strange!
> I use onetimeaccount 0.4.0 and static_info_tables 2.0.8 with
> static_info_tables_de 2.0.1
> Before with Seminars 0.6.2 it just worked fine.
> Do you have any hint for me?

We currently have some different rendering of the country selector in
seminars and onetimeaccount. Seminars always renders the English version
and onetimeaccount always renders the local country names.

This is already changed in the future release of seminars 0.8.0 which
means that the country list will have the local country names in
seminars, too.

If you prefer to have an option whether to show a localized list of
countries (all country names translated to one specific language e.g.
English: Germany, United Kingdom, Austria, ...) or the local country
names ("Deutschland" for Germany, "United Kingdom" for United Kingdom,
"Österreich" for Austria, etc.) then let us know.

Our idea in displaying the local country names only is that if someone
is selecting his country from the selector he will know the local name
of his country and will be able to find it quicker than looking for the
version in a foreign language.

Greets,

Niels