[TYPO3-project-seminars] configure the searchform

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Sun Feb 15 19:08:11 CET 2009

Hi Patricia,

the Seminar Manager currently doesn't support index_search (or cached
output) yet. Some users have asked for this, but unfortunately so far
nobody actually has decided to sponsor this task (which is quite huge).

Pat schrieb:
> - Where does the seminar-searchform search? In which fields or on which site?

The search searches in most seminar fields and in many related records.
For a complete list, please have a look at the code:
<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/seminars/current/info/class.tx_seminars_seminarbagbuilder.php/>

The important part is the member variable "searchFieldList",

> - Is it possible to limit the search to special fields, f.e. to the title?

No, currently no. (You know the part about sponsoring new features ...)

> - And most important: Why does the search result contain seminars, that doesn't contain the search item (any more). Are the search results chached anywhere???

The results are not cached. Either the information is there somewhere in
the seminar record or its related records, or we have a bug. If you feel
that this is a bug, could you please report it at the bug tracker
<https://bugs.oliverklee.com/>, including the steps necessary to
reproduce the problem (very important)?

Thanks,