[TYPO3-project-seminars] How to hide BE module "Seminars" for certain user groups?

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Sun Feb 15 18:52:00 CET 2009

Hi Rolf,

Rolf Thiele schrieb:
> i have a website with several user groups, some of them are not able to
> edit events. So in the access list of the group, I disabled the modules
> "Seminare" and "Veranstaltungen". But the users of this group still can
> see the "Seminare" module.
>
> What could be the reason for this?

The way I understand it, the access rights (at least for BE modules) are
cumulative, e.g. if a BE user is in two groups and at least one of them
grants access rights to that module, it will be visible.

So to make sure that certain users do not see the BE module, you need to
 check that none of their groups grants them the corresponding access
rights.