[TYPO3-project-seminars] VerisonAbsolute path in registration form inhibits registration

Heinrich, Achim, HSZ achim.heinrich at hsz-bw.de
Thu Aug 20 11:02:44 CEST 2009

Dear community,

I recently upgraded to version 0.8.1 and all seems to work fine
excepting the following problem:

For security reasons I have the webserver behind a firewall and a
reverse proxy. That means that the firewall makes a network address
translation to the reverse proxy and the proxy forwards to the apache
where typo3 is hosted on.

So I have different IP-addresses for firewall, proxy and webserver and
it's working fine so far.

But now I experienced a strange behaviour: If a user klicks the
'proceed'-button in the registration form the browser is directed to the
IP-address of the reverse proxy. Of course the browser gives me an error
because the IP of the proxy is unknown outside the firewall.

It seems to me that there is an absolute path stored anywhere in the
configuration instead of a relative one.

If I bypass the proxy by accessing the webserver with a browser within
its own network there is no problem.

For if ameos_formidable might be the cause: I tried out both versions
1.1.0 and Oliver's patch 1.1.347. Both fail with the same behaviour.

Any hints are appreciated.

Thank you
Achim