[TYPO3-project-seminars] Using the hooks

Niels Pardon typo3_lists at niels-pardon.de
Wed Aug 5 16:49:41 CEST 2009

Christian Lerrahn (Cerebrum) schrieb:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to use the hooks in seminars but so far with little success.
> I've already found out that the naming scheme is somewhat unorthodox
> and my method is being called.
>
> The problem I have now, is that the only parameter that is passed is
> the seminars class object which seems unusable because most of its
> properties are private. Using one of the class' methods results in a
> PHP error.
>
> However, at the same time it seems that there is no return value
> expected from the hooks.
>
> Did I just get it wrong is there a bug somewhere?

Well, the attributes and methods are kept private by intention. We only
want to offer a limited API so we are able to change the other stuff
without further notice.

The hook doesn't expect a return value as the hook expects that you are
using the templating methods available in the seminars object.

Greets,

Niels