[TYPO3-project-seminars] multiple five minute seminar times best options

Wes Currier typo3 at wesfx.com
Thu Apr 30 19:16:14 CEST 2009

OK List,
I have tried this both ways. See Below.

Wes Currier wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have a seminar on three consecutive days.
> I need the participant to sign up at five minute intervals.
> What is the best way to do this?
>
> Do I set up an event type such as Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and then
> enter event date records?

When listing this way the "Title field only shows the Day of the event.
One would need to show additional fields in the form to see the times.
Therefore, it was not a good solution for us.

> Will this allow the participant to sign up for a specific 5 minute block
> individually, or will it sign them up for the complete day of the topic?
>

> Or do I create specific event records for each individual time slot?
> This I know works but, I have a lot of records to enter.

This worked better as I could add the time to the title field such as
Thursday 8:00am - 8:05am. This way the title field showed specific times
without the need to show another field in the form.