[TYPO3-project-seminars] Wrong charset in the body of notification / thank you-mails

Niels Pardon mail at niels-pardon.de
Wed Apr 8 18:43:24 CEST 2009

Hi Tobias!

I'm not sure whether this is the right direction.

The TypoScript setup variable plugin.tx_seminars.charsetForEMails does
just set the charset in the e-mail header but does not take care of any
conversions.

So the e-mail header says e.g. ISO-8859-1 but the contents might not be
in ISO-8859-1 as they are not converted to ISO-8859-1.

I don't know where your problems with umlauts may come from.

I have a installation with latin1_swedish as collation in the database
but $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] = 'utf-8'; defined in
localconf.php and plugin.tx_seminars.charsetForEMails = UTF-8.

I have no problems with German umlauts in e-mails from seminars.

Maybe this helps.

Greets,

Niels