[TYPO3-project-seminars] seminars has too many fields

Martin Keller mkeller at gmx.de
Mon Sep 8 15:47:07 CEST 2008

Dear list,

In my scenarios, I will always have only one organizer. But the poor user
has to select an organizer as required field everytime he creates a new
seminar.

My dirty solution was:
- make organizers an exclude field by hacking tca.php
- add the following user tsconfig:

#uid of the organizer as seen in tx_seminars_organizers
TCAdefaults.tx_seminars_seminars {
 organizers=1
}

My suggestion: during installation of extension, ask for something like a
"plugin.tx_seminars.singleOrganizerUid" and if set, never ask for it
anymore...

Martin