[TYPO3-project-seminars] seminars 0.6.1 - several issues

Matthias Krappitz krams at aemka.de
Tue Jun 24 21:04:05 CEST 2008

Hi Oliver,

> This might be a problem with the PHP configuration at Mittwald. Could you
> please try whether changing the following line in /etc/php/php.ini to be
> exactly like this solves the problem?
>
> register_long_arrays = On
>
> (I've just discovered this solution. Maybe we can find a way to set this
> in the extension of check for this.)

Nice One - Thank you! - That solved the problem.

> It might be that the text input field is considered to be part of the
> selector widget (I'd need to look this up, but not today).

That would be lovely.

> So far, we haven't optimized the extension for performance yet. Would you
> be interested in helping with this?

We will give it another try, when we have moved from a mittwald test account
to a mittwald business account and I checked out your performance
improvement hints in the manual.
If nothing helps - I "will have to be" interested.

> I'll fix this. Could you do me a favour and enter this as a bug report at
> <https://bugs.oliverklee.com/> (Component: Documentation/Manual, Severity:
> Trivial) so this doesn't get lost? (I'll fix it before the next
> maintenance release, but not right now.)

I'll do it, when the system has sent me my forgotten password... .-)

I also got another request from my customer - to make it possible to select
a seminar category in the frontend-plugin-flexform, so that seminars of that
category are getting displayed in that frontend-plugin. As I see it,
something like this is for now only possible by putting seminar records in
different (category-like-)sysfolders and then selecting different starting
points in different frontend-plugins. But this ignores the possibility to
assign one seminar to multiple categories and one would have to create the
same seminar in multiple sysfolders to achieve the wanted result. If you
could just give me a short hint where to start with this issue, I will
implement that feature. Given that this does not mean to spent days on that
issue. Or is there already a way, I didn't see?

Best Regards

Matthias