[TYPO3-project-seminars] Smooth flow with FEUser register

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Wed Jul 16 22:02:06 CEST 2008

Hi Tony,

Tony Lush schrieb:
> If I do not need sr_feuser_register's auto-login feature, how does the
> user return to Seminars to complete the registration process? Must I
> create a mechanical link from the sr_feuser_register confirmation page
> back to the Seminars registration page? (Virtually all Seminars
> registrations will be for first-time customers.)

Instead of using the auto-login, you can also just use the regular login
box after the user has registered. The only conceptional hurdle arises
if you need to use double opt-in (because the URL in the e-mail usually
does not contain the event registration page URL, but just the FE user
confirmation URL). But maybe that could be hacked as well.

Anyway, if the vast majority of the registrations is done by first-time
customers, I propose you use my onetimeaccount extension instead of
sr_feuser_register + login. Onetimeaccount will create a FE user
account, automatically log in that user (without forcing the visitor to
explicitely enter a user name or password; these are auto-generated) and
log him/her out after the event registration.

That extension can be used on the login page instead of (or in addition
to) the regular login box.

Regards,