[TYPO3-project-seminars] BE Menu shows two entries

Mario Rimann typo3-coding at rimann.org
Mon Jan 21 08:13:50 CET 2008

Hi Emil

Emil Gruenbaer schrieb:
> I have the porblem that in the BE Menu I have 2 entries, one called
> "Seminars" with a question mark symbol, the other called
> "Veranstaltungen" With a notepad as symbol.
>
> If I disable the seminars extension, both entries are gone.
>
> How do I get rid of the entry "Seminare"?

The one called "Seminars" is the "old" one. It already existed when I
joined the team. It provides some basic statistics about registrations.

Then Oliver and I met and discussed some ideas for a new BE module.
Short after that, we started the mod2 project - which resulted in the
second entry you mention, the "Events" module.

After sleeping for a while, Niels Pardon then added some code to the new
module and made it look nice. It's still far from beeing feature
complete, but at least it does something.

As soon as mod2 will be really useful, we'll remove the old mod1. But
until this step, we'll have to keep both of them. There's no final
roadmap for this project.

> It is not only a question of esthetics, "Seminare" only shows empty pages.

Have you tried to select a page that contains tx_seminars records? For
the mod1 to work, you need to go to that module and then select a
page/sysfolder that contains event records. Otherwise (on every other
page), the module will show nothing.

Regards,
Mario