[TYPO3-project-seminars] further question to seminars

Mario Rimann mario at rimann.org
Fri Feb 8 13:17:44 CET 2008

Hi Florian

Florian Elischer schrieb:
> 1. Where can I change the order of the search field? The search is
> wrapped in a div with the class "tx-seminars-pi1-searchbox". I
> downloaded the whole ext. and searched for it but without success.
> I'd rather like to have the search func above the listview as it's
> better for the usability.

I assume that you're using the version 0.5.3 from TER. This whole thing
will be changed with version 0.6.0 (which is in the pipeline and not
fully finished yet): Version 0.6.0 will introduce a new feature called
"Selector Widget" which combines the text search field and filter
options for the language, country, event type and so on.

The whole selector widget will be shown on top of the list view.

If you want to move the search field in the current version, just look
into the HTML template file (pi1/seminars.tmpl or similar). I don't
remember the exact name of the marker, but you could search for "search"
and I'm sure you'll find it.

> 2. Regarding the manual I'm only able to show seminars selected by
> speakers. Is it possible to conifg the seminars_plugin also to show
> only certain event types or do I have to put them in different sub
> folders? According to this selection it would be also a great
> feature to add classes for different event types so I have highlight
> them with different colors in the list view.

This will be partly possible with the selector widget: The user itself
can apply one or more filter conditions to reduce the number of returned
events in the list view.

But there is no other way yet, to preselect only a filtered resultset -
except the way you described: Put the seminars into different sysfolders.

Regards,
Mario