[TYPO3-project-seminars] Getting access to recordData of event in hook modifySingleView

Andre Dittmar typo3 at hotbytes.de
Tue Aug 5 19:18:25 CEST 2008

Hello,

This posting is somehow related to my request about selecting a
specific date of a event in the single view [1]. As far as I can
judging it, theres no way such a feature at the moment. Therefore I
want to use the existing hook "modifySingleView" in
class.tx_seminars_pi1.php to add "Register"-link for each date in the
timeslot (as the first step).

In the first step I've added a checkbox "Book dates as single
event!" (in event type "Multiple event date" -> Date/Time) to activate
this feature for a event.

In my extension I first want to check if this checkbox is set. Now the
problem is, that the array recordData seems to be protected as
private. I try something like this:

if($object->seminar->recordData['tx_extseminars_book_single']) {
} else {
}

I also checked all available methods of $object (object is the seminar-
object) if there ist a getter-method or something like this? Sure,
it's easy to get all the data with a own db-select, but I'll would
like to use the already existing data. Does anyone has an idea how to
handle this as best practice?

[1] http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-project-seminars/2008-July/001149.html

Kind regards,
Andre