[TYPO3-project-seminars] Custom Registration Form - examples or help needed

Peter A. Schott paschott at no.yahoo.spamm.com
Fri Apr 18 12:51:28 CEST 2008

I'm having a really hard time with this.  I'm trying to change the
registration form to include some extra text to handle both our
terms/conditions and a note about non-payments resulting in cancelled
registrations.

I've looked over the various files and it seems that registration_editor.html
from the pi1 folder is the file I want to modify.  However, when I add my text
in that file, it never shows up.  I've made a copy of the file and edited
that, then pointed the registration form to that file.  I've even edited the
file in the extension's pi1 folder and cleared the cache.  Nothing seems to
change when I view the form on the front-end.

I guess I'm just confused about what it takes to add regular HTML text into
the template so that it displays on the front end.  I've tried searching
through the documentation and the archives on the group, but the few entries
I've seen for template modification generally fall under the "not in the
current version" category from a much earlier release.  A web search on the
same pretty much points to this group or completely irrelevant results.

I'm sure that this is something relatively easy to handle, but I'm hitting a
wall here and would really appreciate some pointers or examples.

Thank you for your help in advance.

-Peter Schott