[TYPO3-project-seminars] redirect url - not working

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Thu Sep 6 11:07:19 CEST 2007

Hi Cathy,

Cathy Stephens schrieb:
> It is perfect for what we are using it for....a way to
> register for community service projects.  I know it has been said
> several times...but thank you Oliver for a great extension!!  The
> install and configuration went very well and the manual was very
> helpful.

:-))

> But I have a question about how the registration and redirect url works.
> I am using newloginbox 3.0.1  and sr_feuser_register 2.5.7.
[snip]
> When I finish creating the account, I am stil on the login page
> and see this in the address bar:
> user=cat800&pass=cat80&pid=31&logintype=login&redirect_url=
>
> Notice nothing shows in redirect_url value.  And I am not redirected
> back to the event I wanted to register.
>
> On the registration form TEMPLATE_CREATE_SAVED template, I have this:
>
> <input type="hidden" name="pid" value="###THE_PID###" />
>   <input type="hidden" name="redirect_url" value="" />

So the redirect_url parameter gets emptied (which explains why the
redirect doesn't work).

I think I once had a similar problem on a site using these extensions.
Could you try whether the following helps, testing after each step:

1. Remove the following line from your sr_feuser_register HTML template
(if you are using the original template, make a copy and point the
extension to it so your changed won't be overwritten on an upgrade):

<input type="hidden" name="redirect_url" value="" />

2. Create an extension template on the page subtree that contains the
login and add the following TS setup code:

config.linkVars = redirect_url

Another approach: If you would like the users to self-register quickly
for events without creating full FE user accounts with user name and
password, you can also use the "onetimeaccount" extension which was
designed for exactly that task.

Regards