[TYPO3-project-seminars] Changing or customizing the extension
typo3-german-01 at oliverklee.de
Tue Mar 20 22:51:26 CET 2007
ACM.Tersteeg at MINDEF.NL schrieb:
> As in the manual mentioned it is recommended to contact the developers
> if you want to make some changes.
> I'm a newbie an fight to all the manuals and get everything running. And
> I like it.
> So what is the procedure to go with this kind of changes?
First of all, welcome to the developers club! ;-) It's great that you
want to contribute.
So, the workflow looks like this:
1. Go to the bug tracker https://bugs.oliverklee.com/ and create
yourself an account.
2. Enter a bug report (or feature report) about the change.
3. Fetch the up-to-date source code from the Subversion repository as
. I recommend Subclipse (the Subversion plug-in for Eclipse), but any
SVN client will do.
4. Make the changes (including a line on top of the changelog).
5. Create a patch.
6. Upload the patch to the bug report (as an attachment). Set "review"
to "?" and the either the e-mail address of either Mario or me as the
reviewer. This will send a code review request. (Please use the e-mail
addresses as listed in the bug tracker.)
7. The reviewer (Mario or me) will have a look at your patch an then
either request some modifications (go back to step 4) or check it in.
If you have any questions, please just ask!
More information about the TYPO3-project-seminars