[TYPO3-project-seminars] Changing or customizing the extension

Oliver Klee typo3-german-01 at oliverklee.de
Tue Mar 20 22:51:26 CET 2007

Hi Ton,

ACM.Tersteeg at MINDEF.NL schrieb:
> As in the manual mentioned it is recommended to contact the developers
> if you want to make some changes.
> I'm a newbie an fight to all the manuals and get everything running. And
> I like it.

:-)

> So what is the procedure to go with this kind of changes?

First of all, welcome to the developers club! ;-) It's great that you
want to contribute.

So, the workflow looks like this:

1. Go to the bug tracker https://bugs.oliverklee.com/ and create
yourself an account.

2. Enter a bug report (or feature report) about the change.

3. Fetch the up-to-date source code from the Subversion repository as
described in
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/seminars/0.4.9/view/1/6/#id3480264
. I recommend Subclipse (the Subversion plug-in for Eclipse), but any
SVN client will do.

4. Make the changes (including a line on top of the changelog).

5. Create a patch.

6. Upload the patch to the bug report (as an attachment). Set "review"
to "?" and the either the e-mail address of either Mario or me as the
reviewer. This will send a code review request. (Please use the e-mail
addresses as listed in the bug tracker.)

7. The reviewer (Mario or me) will have a look at your patch an then
either request some modifications (go back to step 4) or check it in.

If you have any questions, please just ask!

Best regards,