[TYPO3-project-seminars] Changing or customizing the extension

ACM.Tersteeg at MINDEF.NL ACM.Tersteeg at MINDEF.NL
Tue Mar 20 14:58:34 CET 2007

Hello,

As in the manual mentioned it is recommended to contact the developers
if you want to make some changes.
I'm a newbie an fight to all the manuals and get everything running. And
I like it.
So on this moment I using the seminar plug-in and want to make some
changes to it.
I have some more changes in mind but if I know how going on with one the
other will follow

I like to change the output of the list view.
Now in the file class_tx_seminars_seminar_php there is a function
getVacanciesString()

In that function the output is a integer if getVancies() >=
'showVacanciesThreshold'
This working fine. But I like to change this in the following line
Sprintf("%d(%d)",getVacancies(),getRecordPropertyInteger('attendees_max'
))

I hope this line will result in a output in the list view like for
example  " 10(25) " with will means 10 seats available from the 25
I know I can test this and if it works OK but If I like to update the
extension in the future I must make the change again.
So what is the procedure to go with this kind of changes?

Thanks for any reaction.

Ton Tersteeg

This message may contain information that is not intended for you. If you are not the addressee or if this message was sent to you by mistake, you are requested to inform the sender and delete the message. The State accepts no liability for damage of any kind resulting from the risk inherent in the electronic transmission of messages.