[TYPO3-project-seminars] SVN version/nightlies and FORMidable

Oliver Klee typo3-german-01 at oliverklee.de
Sun Jan 21 14:59:40 CET 2007

Hi all,

the current version of the Seminar Manager available either from SVN or
as a nightly build from http://typo3xdev.sourceforge.net/ makes use of
the FORMidable extension.

Currently, the Seminar Manager doesn't work with the just-released
FORMidable 0.6.0. (In fact, using FORMidable 0.6.0 with the Seminar
Manager or a few other extension will horribly break your TYPO3
installation. Been there, done that.)

As we had to make use of some of the new features from FORMidable,
though, we made a customized version of FORMidable which is required to
make some things work (hiding fields in the registration form and some
data validation in the registration form). You can download it at
http://www.oliverklee.de/temp/T3X_ameos_formidable-0_5_0-z-200701141137.t3x
.

Installing FORMidable doesn't always go smoothly, though. It may be
necessary to manually delete the temporary cache files in typo3conf/ via
FTP or SSH to get your installation working again.

The upcoming Seminar Manager 0.5.0 will work with (and require)
FORMidable 0.6.0, so the customized version won't be necessary any more
by then.

Regards,