[TYPO3-project-seminars] Memory problem

Nico Deblauwe nico at deblauwe.be
Mon Dec 24 11:22:45 CET 2007

Dear all,

Last Friday, our website suffered a big crash, not covered by a recent and
backup. Optimistic as I am, I decideded that - after reconstructing
patiently most of the data - that this was the ideal moment to update our
TYPO3 installation and all the used extensions.

For seminars, this meant a jump from the 4.x series to the 5.x. When I tried
to run everything, I ended up with

> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 40 bytes) in
> /home/jkviv/domains/kvivjongeren.be/public_html/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php
on line 2178

As well in the backend (when looking in the directory of registrations -
many!) as frontend.

By now, I've asked my provider to increase my PHP memory limit from 20M to
30M, but I was wondering, wouldn't it be good to mention this as well in the
manual(s): the needed memory for an extension.

Cordially,

Nico
 \who still thinks that seminars is one of the better extensions available!

--
 Nico Deblauwe

 Email: nico at deblauwe.be
 Mobile: +32 486 84 08 93

 More contact info on http://www.deblauwe.be.

Quote:
"Fortune favours the prepared mind." (Louis Pasteur)