[TYPO3-project-seminars] CSV-import time and date format

Franz Tscherming tschermings at gmx.de
Wed Apr 18 21:03:01 CEST 2007

Hi,

I would like to use the seminar-extension for a (don´t know the english
word) "Weiterbildungseinrichtung".
They use OpenOffice Calc to manage the seminar data.
My great plan was to export this tables as CSV and import them with the
import-csv (wil_importcsv) extension.
At first I was very happy, all data has been imported correctly - except
the begin_date and end_date of the seminars. I have tried various
variants of date and time formats, but the result is either 01:00
1.1.1970 or one single number (the first number in the cell expect 0).
So I changed field typ directly in MySQL to a date format. The result in
the database is ok, the seminar extension reads it as NaN-NaN-NaN ...
not really a date.

The interesting thing: the startime and endtime was imported correct.
I really do not understand that.

My Question:
Is there a simple way to import data from a CSV-table to
tx_seminars_seminars etc.?

And if my way is basicly right - how to get the begin_date an the
end_date imported correctly?

Greetings & Thanks!

Andreas