[TYPO3-rte] titleText not correctly translated for content elements

Klaus Hörmann-Engl klaus.hoermann at world-direct.at
Mon Aug 3 11:36:02 CEST 2015

Hi

I read the posts about the incorrect RTE "titleText" in der TYPO3 Version 4.5. In a project I'm working on, I use Version 6.2.14 and still this is not working. I expect the following behaviour:

When I try to add a link to a highlighted text in an RTE, I expect the "titleTag" to be prefilled in the language of the content element. In my case this is always the language of the logged in backend user.

I tried to use following, which did not quite work as expected:

RTE {
	classesAnchor {
		internalLink {
			titleText = LLL:EXT:my_ext/Resources/Private/Language/locallang.xlf:website.general.backend.internalLink.current
		}
	}
}
I added a custom translation for DE, EN and HU (Hungarian).

The configuration is updated ( I checked the "Configuration" module). When my BE user has the language "EN" set, it works for "EN" and "DE" contentElements. When I switch to the language "DE", the german string is always used, no matter which language the content element has. Using "HU" as backend language, the "EN" content element uses the englisch text, all other ones the "HU" text.

I find this very confusing, and not really simple and straigt forward.

Can anyone shine a light on this issue?

Thanks
Klaus