[TYPO3-rte] RTE and self closing tag

Orish Shrestha typo3.orish at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 22:58:03 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I am having one issue with RTE and self closing tags. When something like
below is put in RTE (text mode by clicking <> button)

eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad
minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris</p>

and if you toggle back to RTE mode and back to text mode again you will get
text like

eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad
minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris*</sup>*</p>

If you see above the <sup> tag is now applied to whole P tag. And I tested
with couple other tags like <span/> and the results are the same.

Is there a way to keep these self closing tags alone or discard?

Regards,