[TYPO3-rte] <a> tags with empty anchor text

Graham Knight graham.knight5 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 13:17:24 CET 2013

Hi,

Occasionally some of our editors end up generating <a> tags with no anchor text. For example:

These empty <a> tags are not visible in the RTE unless HTML mode is selected - which is not something most of our editors are familiar with. Consequently they are mystified by the rendering and it is difficult for them to deal with the problem.

I think these empty tags arise when an editor modifies an existing link and the text they select does not exactly match the existing linked text - for example it includes a trailing space.

Ideally I would like to have these empty tags silently removed but I cannot see a way of doing this with TYPOScript. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Graham