[TYPO3-rte] TYPO3 6.0 - magic image in RTE

Fabien Udriot fabien.udriot at ecodev.ch
Mon Feb 11 13:33:04 CET 2013

I came across problem when trying to integrate an image in the RTE with the magic image tab (the first one) of the image selector.  I didn't find any helper on the web, so I am posting that here.

Actually, the problem was related to the image magic with default configuration "RTE_imageStorageDir" = 'uploads/'. With TYPPO3 6.0 (and the FAL API), it turns out the image was put at the root of the website which isn't appropriate of course. In other words setting "RTE_imageStorageDir" isn't taken into account.

To make it work, I changed the value to

[code]
    $GLOBALS= '1:rte'
[/code]

Where "1" is the uid of the mount point (auto-created) and "rte" is just a folder name within the mount point (e.g. fileadmin/Rte)
It works like that. However, I was hoping the magic image transformed would land into the "_processed_" folder...

Do you have another approach to suggest? Is the issue be documented somewhere?

The problem can be seen in live at [url]http://demo.typo3.org/typo3/[/url]