[TYPO3-rte] RTE focus

Rudy Gnodde rgn at windinternet.nl
Tue Feb 22 12:07:18 CET 2011

Hello,

When editing a record in TYPO3 which has an RTE, the RTE is focussed
when it is loaded.

For Firefox this isn't such a big problem. It focusses the first RTE and
doesn't scroll down if the RTE isn't located at the top of the form. For
IE however the last RTE is focussed and it does scroll down. I only
tested it in IE8, but I remember also having this problem in IE7.

I've already tried to find where the focus is set and have found one
place in htmlarea.js (in HTMLArea.Editor.onFrameworkReady), but the
focus is set again some else (which I haven't been able to find). I've
also tried a (dirty) workaround to set the focus on the first field in
the form after the RTE is loaded, but the second focus is done after
HTMLArea.Editor.ready is set to true.

Is there any way to prevent the RTE from getting the focus? Or is there
another way around this?

Regards,

Rudy Gnodde
WIND Internet