[TYPO3-rte] Embed, Object, Param Youtube

J. Schaller jorgosch at terra.es
Tue Sep 7 15:27:45 CEST 2010

To whomever it concerns,

<rant> *Sigh* - I can't believe that this still doesn't work out of
the box. The tags quoted in the title still get converted to text,
even when HTMLAREA RTE is set to "demo" mode.

Inserting social media in articles is so basic and crucial these days
that there should be no complicated fiddling with code necessary to
make this work. I can understand that additional setup code might be
necessary when the editor is set to "minimal" mode, but in "typical"
mode and expecially "demo" mode (where EVERYTHING is supposed to be
activated) I see no excuse.</rant>

Seriously now, TinyMCE RTE can do it but HtmlArea RTE has other
advantages, for example nice blockquotes, link icons, etc. I wish
there was a way to get the best of both worlds out of the box...

Cheers,
Jörg