[TYPO3-rte] Enter PID directly in htmlArea

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sat Oct 16 05:01:57 CEST 2010

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 16:12:55 +0000, R. van Twisk wrote:

> On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 13:03:10 +0200, Thomas Allmer wrote:
>
>> On 09.10.2010 00:34, R. van Twisk wrote:
>>> is it possible to teach the htmlarea to create a link by directly
>>> entering a the UID of a page in a input box rather then browsing
>>> through the tree structure?
>>
>> don't know about htmlarea, but with tinymce_rte it is possible. Just
>> open the normal link window and enter a number (example 42) and it will
>> create a link to the corresponding page.
>>
>> please take this just as hint or additional information
>>
>> cheers
>
> Thomas,
>
> I don't think it's worth to change RTE in my case because the customer
> and it's team already are to much used to HTMLarea.
>
> I will re-post in the English newsgroup, and if it doesn't exists I will
> code my own little tab.

Thomas,

somebody on the english list pointed me to a plugin called :
link_by_pageid, however that does some ugly xclassing, and didn't work
anyways on a 4.2 and 4.4 TYPO3 installation.

I seem to be comfortable now writing htmlarea plugins, so I think I will
write a little plugin that adds a button for direct linking.