[TYPO3-rte] Horizontal rules with class

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Wed Nov 3 03:31:44 CET 2010

Hi Christian,

> I'd like to use<hr>  tags with a class, so that I can have horizontal
> rules of different length via CSS. However, the only way I seem to be
> able to add a class to the<hr>  tag seems to be in the source code.
> However, if I expect my editors to understand HTML, I don't really need
> an RTE.
>
> Is there an easier way of doing this as an editor?

Not sure what the problem is. I just tried it with trunk in Firefox
3.6.12. After inserting an horizontal rule, the editor can select it
with the mouse. It is true that if the rule is very thin, it may be
difficult to select. When it is selected, the hr element does appear in
the path displayed in the RTE status bar. The editor is then able to
assign or remove any configured class using the block style selector.