[TYPO3-rte] Configuring the RTE for a specific field (help for core documentation)

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Mar 5 13:12:43 CET 2010

Hi all,

I'm currently refreshing the core manuals and in particular the Core
APIs. I'm stumbling on the examples about RTE configuration for specific
TCA fields, since they were written before rtehtmlarea became the
official RTE.

The documentation mentions that it's possible to restrict the available
options with a syntax like:

'defaultExtras' => 'richtext[bold|italic]'

in the column configuration or something similar in the type-configuration.

While the above does have an impact (for example, I don't see the
alignment options anymore), it does not restrict the buttons to just
bold and italic.

So the question is: does this syntax still make any sense with regards
to rtehtmlarea or should it marked as deprecated? Or is there a
different syntax, adapted to rtehtmlarea?

Thanks in advance for the help.

--

Francois Suter