[TYPO3-rte] Problem with rmTagIfNoAttrib

Graham Knight G.Knight at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 11 16:39:05 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am using TYPO3 4.2.12 with rtehtmlarea 1.7.14.

I have this in my Page TSConfig:

# Clear everything to start with
RTE.classes >
RTE.default >

RTE.default {
	# Specify the buttons to be used and their layout
	showButtons := addToList(chMode)

	proc {
		overruleMode = ts_css
		allowTags = span

		entryHTMLparser_db = 1
		entryHTMLparser_db {
			## TAGS ALLOWED
			allowTags < RTE.default.proc.allowTags
			tags {
				span.rmTagIfNoAttrib = 1
			}
		}
	}
}

In text mode in the RTE I enter:

and save it. This works fine - no changes. However, if I enter:

and save it then in Firefox 3.6.3 everything appears fine but in IE 8.0 I get:

In fact, if I save with Firefox and then read back with IE I get the same effect. So it looks to me that the same error occurs for each browser when saving to the database but that Firefox cleans things up on the way back.

What am I missing?

Many thanks.

Graham