[TYPO3-rte] Buttons for HTML phrase tags (cite, dfn, samp, q, kbd, code, ...)

Joerg Wagner [DigiLog] news.netfielders.de at digilog.de
Mon Jan 11 12:49:25 CET 2010

Hi Stanislas,

thanks for taking the time to help. Although I searched the manual I did
not find the correct passage. Maybe this problem could be added to the
manual as an additional hint under the topic "FAQ: Why can't I get all
buttons to be displayed?":
   5. If the inline elements buttons (dfn, cite, code,...) and the
dropdown list of inline elements don't show up, make sure to activate
"Enable additional inline elements" in Extension Manager.

_Important:_
Now that I get the inline elements buttons and the dropdown box I found
a bug in the evaluation of
page.RTE.default.buttons.formattext.restrictTo

This setting is ignored because of a copy and paste error in
/typo3/sysext/rtehtmlarea/extensions/InlineElements/class.tx_rtehtmlarea_inlineelements.php
(At least it is ignored as long as you don't also set the param
"restrictToItems"!)

Around line 164 this change needs to be made:
OLD
   // Restriction clause
   if ($this->thisConfig['buttons.']['formattext.']['restrictToItems']) {
NEW
   // Restriction clause
   if ($this->thisConfig['buttons.']['formattext.']['restrictTo']) {

It's a nowbrainer, so do you need a bug report for that?

Cheers, Jörg.