[TYPO3-rte] Buttons for HTML phrase tags (cite, dfn, samp, q, kbd, code, ...)

Joerg Wagner [DigiLog] news.netfielders.de at digilog.de
Sun Jan 10 08:42:38 CET 2010

Hi all,

quite sure you are all sick and tired of this kind of question, but I am
quite experienced with htmlArea RTE but find myself helpless after many
trials.

My problem are the HTML phrase tags like cite, dfn, samp, q, kbd, code,...
I tried to activate the available RTE buttons (citation, definition,
sample, ...) for these tags but did not succeed.

Here is what I did:
* After the usual steps with RTE.default.showButtons,
RTE.default.hideButtons et altera did not succeed...
* I followed all tips in the manual's "FAQ: Why can't I get all buttons
to be displayed?" up to the minute (options.RTEkeyList = *,
RTE.default.showButtons = *, RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext.showButtons
  = *, RTE.config.tableName.columnName.showButtons)
* I tried to add to the list of allowed tags: RTE.default.proc.allowTags
:= addToList(cite, dfn)
* I activated "Demo" mode in RTE's extension config

My editor dashboard is now swamped and cluttered with buttons, but just
the group of phrase tags just won't show up!

Side info 1:
The only phrase tool that seems to be working is the abbr/acronym
button. I am using that one for a long time already and it is working well.
Side info 2:
I _can_ access some of these tags (e.g. <cite>) from RTE's "Insert tag"
button. They are inserted correctly and also saved with the text. So no
problem here.

Any idea what I could have overlooked?
Me very curious (and also quite out of ideas).

Cheers, Jörg.