[TYPO3-rte] How to avoid <p> inside of <blockquote>?

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Tue Feb 23 02:04:49 CET 2010

Hi Mattias,
> Typo3: 4.2.8
> RTE:   1.7.11
>
> After a lot of tweaking, I've managed to get my Typo3-installations to
> allow quotations (<blockquote>-tags) combined with a few css-classes as
> block-style attributes.
>
> However, whenever I save content in RTE, <p>-tags are added _inside_ of
> the <blockquote>-tag, making it hard to set/change the class of the
> quotation as a GUI block-style - it's impossible to select only the
> quotation, the internal paragraph is always included in the selection.

If you position the cursor inside the blockquote element, this element
will appear in the path displayed in the status bar of the RTE. If you
click on this element in the status bar, the blockquote element will be
selected in the editing area. The blockstyle select box will also be
updated to present any class configured for blockquote elements. You can
then use the blockstyle select box and apply/remove a class to the
selected blockquote element.

Hope this may help.