[TYPO3-rte] Getting my RTE configuration to be used in any RTE-enable field

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Dec 1 12:15:06 CET 2010

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure this question must have been asked already, but I
couldn't find any information.

In an extension of mine I have a table with one RTE-enable field. The
field is defined like this (extract of the complete TCA):

$TCA['tx_lima_domain_model_technologysubject'] = array(
	'columns' => array(
		'description' => array(
			'exclude' => 0,
			'label'   => 'LLL:EXT:lima/...',
			'config'  => array(
				'type' => 'text',
				'rows' => 4,
				'cols' => 50,
				'softref' => 'typolink_tag,images,email[subst],url'
			)
		),
	),
);

To activate the RTE, I have the following in the "types" section:

'1' => array('showitem' =>
'hidden;;;;1-1-1,subject_name,is_new,url,description;;;richtext:rte_transform[mode=ts_css],category,comments')

My hope was that having just "richtext" would mean that my default RTE
configuration (i.e. choice of classes, colors, buttons, etc.) would be
used in the RTE of my custom field. Instead I get a full configuration
with all possible buttons and options, my classes are ignored, etc.

I have also added the following Page TSconfig:

RTE.config.tx_lima_domain_model_technologysubject.description <
RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext

but that doesn't help (not that I expected it to).

What am I doing wrong? What is missing?

I'm using TYPO3 4.4.5-dev (and thus rtehtmlarea 2.0.7).

Cheers

--

Francois Suter