[TYPO3-rte] Longings ...: Paste text with images into RTE?

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Wed Apr 14 10:13:45 CEST 2010

Longings ...

I dimly remember from an old 3.8 installation of TYPO3 that it used to
be possible to paste a whole document from the clipboard (RTF format)
into the RTE preserving all images. Yes, I know, it was with the IE
and an active-x component only, but it was COOL!

I'm missing this feature very much. I do some documentation in emails
with Thunderbird, where I can easily paste an image with ctrl+v
directly into the content. I can't find a similar easy way of doing
this with RTE.

I'm just wondering if there are others around trying to find a
solution. We could consider other helpers as well:  Flash, scripts,
whatever ... Two ideas that keep my brain busy:

Have a look at http://posterous.com You can send an an HTML-Email and
a complete blog entry WITH pictures is created.

There is a very cool program at http://www.hardcopy.de for creating
screenshots. They can be automatically stored on disc or via FTP (!)
at the same time. That already cuts down the needed time by half. But
I would like to have the whole comfort ...

Would JAVA help? I don't know, but I'm thankful for any pointer
someone can give.

have a nice day ...

Martin

--