[TYPO3-rte] how to prevent the RTE to "steal" the focus

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Sep 23 09:56:07 CEST 2009

Stanislas Rolland schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>
>> Under certain conditions the RTE sets the focus to its edit area. One of
>> these conditions is the starting up of the RTE. Does anyone know a
>> simple way to stop the RTE to set the focus? For some reasons it
>> irritates a few of the editors of one customer that the cursor moves to
>> the RTE.
>>
> In some browsers, the RTE needs to bring the focus to its editing area
> in order to function correctly. Currently, on starting the RTE, the
> focus is eventually put on the editing area of the first RTE-enabled
> field of the form. What would be a more acceptable behaviour? Would it
> be better to bring the focus to the first field of the form?

I guess that is what most editors would expect. That is, if ot were a
text field or textarea/RET. Unfortunateky some of the TCE forms start
with a "hide" checkbox or something else.

Maybe it would be better if the focust handling should be moved to
TCEforms. The idea is that you can set explictely (if you want) the
field that should become the focus when the form is shown.

Masi