[TYPO3-rte] TYPO3 and CkEditor

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Nov 13 19:44:04 CET 2009

Zachary Davis, Cast Iron Coding LLC schrieb:

> My team and I recently stumbled upon ckeditor (used to be fckeditor -
> seems to be much improved - demo here: http://ckeditor.com/demo). One
> thing we really like about this editor is that it's written following a
> number of current best practices around javascript development. Ckeditor
> contains clean, relatively well-documented APIs that work quite well
> with the extJS library that is now in the core (or that will be in the
> core as of 4.3 - I can't recall when it was first included).
>
> In any case, we've spent the past week working on getting it implemented
> in TYPO3 and have made quite a bit of progress, including building a
> custom, extJS-driven dialog (the extJS tree library is really quite
> powerful!) for handling links to pages in the page tree. We hope to have
> an alpha done this week or early next week, and a beta done in the next
> two weeks after that. Before we release it to anyone, we plan on
> including a DAM media browser dialog box as well (for links and inline
> images).
>
> If anyone else is working on this, I'd love to get in touch with you.
> Also, if anyone is interested in helping to test the alpha release when
> it's ready, please let me know and I'll send you an email with a link to
> the t3x when it's ready.

Any news on that one? I would be interested in taking a look at it. I
hope you didn't get frustrated about our comments to get things
"unified". :)

I would love to see more action here and have alternative RTEs working
nicely too and have the features that are currently "hardcoded" in
rtehtmlarea also available in other RTEs: e.g. DAM browser / images
integration, linkhandler integration, support for custom classes from
pageTS settings etc.

Cheers,
Ernesto