[TYPO3-RTE] moz-editor

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Fri Jan 30 17:26:25 CET 2009

Hey Ben,

> I distinctly seem to remember that editing a table in the RTE gave these nice
> little icons you can use to remove rows and columns etc. That was a special
> property for Mozilla browsers. Where has this functionality gone?

I agree that these little handles are a nice feature of Mozilla/Firefox.
However, they are now disabled by default.

They are disabled by default for at least two reasons:
1. insert operations using these handles also add a style attribute on
inserted cells, which may not be desirable;
2. delete operations using these handles do not generate any browser
event, and therefore alternating/counting styles of table rows/columns
are left into inconsistent state.

But, if you don't mind these side effects, they may be enabled in Page
TSConfig with:

buttons.table.enableHandles = 1

Kind regards,
Stan