[TYPO3-RTE] Trouble with some configuration options

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Feb 10 16:25:16 CET 2009

Hi,

I have run into a couple of troubles while trying to fine tune my RTE
configuration:

1) the HTMLarea manual says that option
buttons.blockstyle.tags.div.allowedClasses is equivalent to
classesParagraph. My experience was contrary :-) What worked actually
was buttons.blockstyle.tags.p.allowedClasses (note the "p" instead of
"div"). Is it a bug in the code or in the manual or is there some other
setting that has an influence on this?

2) I have tried the noShow option for RTE.classes, but it doesn't seem
to have hidden anything. Assuming I have a class such as:

p.test {...}

and a RTE configuration like

RTE.classes {
	test.name = Test
	test.noShow = 1
}
buttons.blockstyle.tags.p.allowedClasses = test

the "Test" item still shows up in the block style drop-down menu. Is
that normal? If yes, then what is the noShow option good for?

3) Assuming I have a paragraph that has been aligned using the class
markup (e.g. a right-aligned paragraph has the class="align-right"
attribute). When I place the cursor inside this paragraph, the block
style menu says "Unknown block style" which will look like a bug to an
editor. If I declare the .align-right style as an allowed class for tag
p, I don't get the error anymore, but I get this style in the block
style menu, which is redundant with the alignments buttons. Is there a
way to just hide the "Unknown block style" messages? Looking through the
code, I saw that there seems to be such a parameter, except it is never
set...

Cheers

--

Francois Suter