[TYPO3-RTE] DTD of the RTE's document

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Tue Sep 16 05:11:35 CEST 2008

Hi Masi,
> Has the document any DTD? I'm asking because certain feature of the IE7
> only work with a DTD.
>
> In particular the conditional attributes of CSS.
>
> *[lang|=en] { color: red }
>
> This works only after if I add a DTD to the file. eg

> But I couldn't get it working in the RTE.
>
> My goal is to have a visual representation of the language in the RTE.

For all browsers except Firefox, the source document of the RTE iframe
is EXT:rtehtmlarea/htmlarea/popups/blank.html

This document currently contains:
<head>
</head>

For Firefox, the source of the iframe is "javascript:void(0);"

If we need the DTD declaration for IE, we could create a source document
specifically for IE.

I am not sure I would want to change the source document for the other
browsers because my experience is that they are very brittle on this
subject. But perhaps you can try adding the DTD declaration in the
current file.