[TYPO3-RTE] RTE failing to load...

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Mon Sep 15 14:14:41 CEST 2008

Hi François:

> All of a sudden the RTE in one of my sites has stopped loading, which is
> a surprise since nothing has changed recently (be it TYPO3 version,
> browsers used for access, etc.). There may have been changes on the
> server, since it is a shared hosting.
>
> The result is that the RTE does not finish loading. Activating the
> troubleshooting mode, I get the following message:
>
> [HTMLArea::initIframe]: Failed attempt at loading stylesheets:
> [Exception... "A parameter or an operation is not supported by the
> underlying object" code: "15" nsresult: "0x8053000f
> (NS_ERROR_DOM_INVALID_ACCESS_ERR)" location:
> "http://www.fondation-ensemble.ch/typo3temp/rtehtmlarea_htmlarea_d0ee2026ec3515a528a4a45515d92160-compressed.js
> Line: 1"] Retrying...
>
> repeating endlessly. Does it hold a clue to a solution?

The RTE is trying to access the style sheets. But they are not yet
loaded. So the RTE is re-trying, waiting for the browser to complete the
  process of loading the css files, endlessly.

Perhaps the css files are not accessible for some reason? The names of
the css files are indicated in the troubleshooting log.