[TYPO3-RTE] tinymce_rte anybody?

Marcus Schwemer schwemer at netzwerkberatung.de
Mon Oct 13 15:52:59 CEST 2008

Hi,

stefano cecere schrieb:
> i see that tinymce_rte is being updated lately.
> anybody using it?

I am still testing tinymce_rte.

> users and developers: why should we use it instead of sysex htmlarea?

My first impression is that it is easier to configure and that it is
faster than the sysext.

I like the feature like resizing the the editor just by dragging the
lower right corner without setting via UserTS.

If you want to look at or modify the html source, you just have to press
a button html and not to disable the complete rte together with a page
reload.

I encountered problems if a FE-extension relies on the htmlarearte.
Since the tinymce_rte conflicts with htmlarearte and uninstalls the
sysext, the output in the frontend returns a fatal error.

But as said this is just my very first impression.

Greets,
Marcus