[TYPO3-RTE] Add more as one CSS Class to an Link

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Sat Oct 11 15:06:03 CEST 2008

Christopher wrote:

> Hi Stefano,
>
> having a look at the html-references it is possible to have several
> classes at one tag, but you must know that IE 6 and 7 do not respect them
> correctly: As far as I read they only use the last class, not taking into
> account that there were some others before.
>
> That is why I always avoid having multiple clases, but use one clear
> classname, e.g. class="email" (for link without icon) or "email_with_icon"
> (for link with icon).
>
> LG
>
> Christopher

Hey,

i think we should not orient us at the bad behavior of an IE6 or IE7.
To have multiple classes in one attribute is usual XHTML standard.

Dont get me wrong: I know that a lot of people use still IE6 and a website
should be accessable for these users too, but i dont want limitations in
the possibilties of XHTML/CSS only why some browser this not understand.

Stefano
--
Seit dem 1.1.2008 werden Daten zu jeder E-Mail verdachtsunabhängig gespeichert!
Weitere Informationen: www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de