[TYPO3-RTE] Is it possible to hide "No Font" in font-selector?

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Fri Oct 10 19:49:30 CEST 2008

Hi Christopher,

> the question is above.
> The standard font on my page is Arial. I set this one as the first font in
> the list of available fonts:
>
> RTE.default.hideFontFaces = *
> RTE.fonts {
>  face1 {
>   name = Arial
>   value = arial, verdana
>  }
> }
> RTE.default.fontFace = face1 , ....
>
> Anyway, the first entry I get is "No Font". It is not being hidden which
> does not look nicely.
>
> Can this be changed?
I think it is not useful to include the standard font of your site in
the fontstyle dropdown. The standard font is applied through the style
sheet. Therefore the author sees the content in the RTE as it will
appear in the FE. The author should not need to apply this font to any
content as this is useless and confusing.

The purpose of the fontstyle dropdown is to assign special fonts to
specific text strings or specific elements. Like for colours, it is
assumed that it is used only occasionally. Otherwise the site becomes a
font soup.

Therefore, the fontstyle dropdown will show only the font specified on
the style attribute of the element in which the cursor is positioned or
which is selected through the status bar. If no font is specified, the
dropdown will show "No font", meaning that no special font is assigned
to the element. This is similar to the behaviour of the textstyle
dropdown and the class attribute.

Therefore, I think this should not be changed.