[TYPO3-RTE] allowedAttribs useful?

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Tue Oct 7 10:29:35 CEST 2008

Hi Masi

>> what I am currently dreaming of is a setting
>> tags.tagname.allowedStyleProperties.
>> This would enable me to allow my editors to set style="width:30%" on a
>> table, but not border etc.
>
> There is an extension which offers limited CSS filtering for the RTE.
>
> And yes, I want that too! But alas, the CSS syntax is quite complex and
> has many options. You wrote no borders, but that will disable quite a
> number of CSS properties.

This is exactly what I WANT.
My theory is that ususally you do NOT want any style attributes for any
tag because most of the styling is done via classes. So the style
attribute itself  would only be kept if it is set under
tags.tagname.allowedAttribs.

And then you define a positive list of style properties you want to
allow for each tag. The proc part then has to look up what style
properties are set on tag x and if one or two are not amongst the
allowedStyleProperties they will be removed. Should happen on the way to
the database.

Uschi