[TYPO3-RTE] New RTE extensions?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Nov 20 10:47:10 CET 2008

Oliver Schröder schrieb:
> Tapio Markula schrieb:
>> Oliver Schröder kirjoitti:
>> that is just a replacement of a simple textarea - there is pmk_textare
>
> Thanks - I didn't know this ext.
>

> Currently we're thinking about using an editor with a wiki like
> formatting language.

Why do prefer a WIKI style over a WYSISWYG editor? IMHO WIKI tags and
BBcode are just remnants of days when a true JS/DOM/AJAX editor was no
option because browsers like Safari and Opera didn't have the
capabilities to run them. Nowadays WIKIs and boards should move away
from that clumsy stuff. Or do you really want to write tags in a simple
posting? I don't.

Masi