[TYPO3-RTE] RTE removes span-tags after saving

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Fri Nov 14 20:14:15 CET 2008

Hi Victor,

> The problem is, when I'm using non-default text styles in RTE (which
> are inserted with span-tags), they aren't saved into DB.

If the span is removed on save, you may conclude that this is due to
your proc options (RTE.default.proc) which govern the RTE content
transformation on the way to the database.

The span tag is removed if it has no attribute.

The class attribute of the span tag may be removed because the class it
specifies is not allowed. If the class attribute is the only attribute,
the tag is left with no more attribute, and is removed.

Allowed classes are specified by the RTE.default.proc.allowedClasses
property.

Therefore, if you are using the Typical default configuration, you
should add the following to your configuration:

RTE.default.proc.allowedClasses := addToList(red)

Kind regards,