[TYPO3-RTE] Tiny RTE removes all tags upon saving

Scotty C superscotty19 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 11:53:34 CET 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the list but I've been searching for days how to fix this and I'm at wits ends.

I have installed the tinyrte extension to my Typo3 base. It installs and runs fine ... except when I go to save. As an example, if I apply alignment (center align specifically), it will center the text in the window, but when I save (and the page reloads), all the alignment is gone. If I use another tag like <B> or <h2>, it works fine.

I tried using the valid_elements command by editing the ext_localconf.php, but it did nothing.

I reinstalled the extension to have the cleanest version possible for troubleshooting. The only customizing is that I have <p> tags enabled in the extension config. This way, when I click "center" on the RTE, then click the HTML button, I can see that <p style="align:center"> is being created, but removed upon save.

If anybody can please help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Scott.