[TYPO3-RTE] TYPO3 4.2.3 and RTE in IRRE -> System Error

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Tue Nov 11 17:57:25 CET 2008

Hello,

I just upgraded a TYPO3 installation from 4.2.2 to 4.2.3 and I am now
getting strange System errors:

"SYSTEM ERROR: One or more Rich Text Editors on the page could not be
contacted. This IS an error, although it should not be regular.
You can save the form now by pressing OK, but you will loose the Rich
Text Editor content if you do.

Please report the error to your administrator if it persists."

On pressing ok everything is saved and I don't loose content despite the
warning.

I can (at least partly) reproduce this behavior this way:

- Using the ICE box content element I create a text-only IRRE child and
enter some text.
- Save.
- Now I add another IRRE child (still text-only) after the first and
enter some text.
- Save --> Error pops up.

The error just appears once after the first saving of the added element
(when I add a third and save for the first time, when adding a fourth
etc.). It does not appear if I just save elements that are already there.

Is this a bug and what can I do against it?

(FYI: happens in FF2, FF3, IE6 and IE7)

Regards,

Susanne