[TYPO3-RTE] problems understanding configuration of htmlarea rte

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Sat Nov 8 03:10:05 CET 2008

Hi Simon,

> Thomas Allmer schrieb:
>> addToList(...) also  needs :=
> You're right, missed it there. After fixing it, it is working like expected.
>
>> and you have to activate the exitHTMLparser
>>  exitHTMLparser_db = 1
> Do I really have to activate it manually? Because in the manual[1] it is
> said, that it is activated as default. But even if I activate it
> manually in my configuration, it doesn't work.
> Now i and b tags stay in source code but don't get remapped to em and
> strong tags on saving.
I would think that they are. Did you check in the database? How do they
show in the frontend?

If you did not enable the configuration variable "Enable additional
inline elements" in the Extension Manager, then you are using an old
backward compatibility mode. In this mode, IE supports only b and i.
Therefore, if you are using IE, strong and em are converted to b and i
for the time they reside in IE..., but converted back on the way to the
database.